CDO Summit Italy 2017
The CDO Summit Italy will address the challenges and opportunities arising from big data, the cloud, digital disruption, and social and mobile media.
Our summit in Milan, Italy, will include the best digital strategists and practitioners on earth, in intimate, collegial, and supportive environments designed to encourage networking, learning, and knowledge-sharing.
If you are tasked with mastering the strategies and tactics to achieve and surpass your digital business objectives, be sure to secure your seat at the upcoming CDO Summit Italy today.
Chief Digital Officers
2017 Date TBD
Chief Digital Officers
The Chief Digital Officer role may well be replacing the data scientist as the sexiest job. But what does the CDO actually do?
- Map digital capabilities to strategic priorities. Digital won’t get the visibility or support it needs if it’s not helping the company get where it wants to go.
- Serve as the executive sponsor for digital process innovation. Other executives might not be measured on new functionality or economies of scale that digital capabilities enable. For instance, consider the complexities of digitising the mortgage loan application, and how that will impact a variety of existing business processes.
- Develop and administer the digital project portfolio. Responsibility for actual deployment of digital solutions might rest with line of business executives. Centralised monitoring of often-heterogeneous digital initiatives is critical.
- Measure new efficiencies and ROI. Replacing manual processes with technology drives both cost savings and revenue generation. The CDO’s oversight across digital initiatives positions him or her uniquely well to measure success.
- Develop ways to attract and retain top talent. Companies often have more mature visions for digital than they do skills.
- Be the “executive intermediary” during delivery. This often means enlisting involvement from other executives, re-establishing priorities, acting as a coach, or serving as tiebreaker during the rollout of digital capabilities.
Most of these responsibilities are brand new and thus won’t step on the toes of incumbent executives, many of whom—once they realize the additive value of the CDO—will welcome the help.
What is CDO Club?
The CDO Club is the world’s first, largest, and most powerful community of C-suite digital leaders.
Our 1,500+ registered members receive access to breaking news, original research, career development support, networking opportunities, and inspirational events such as the CDO Summit.
Our high-impact services are designed to help CDOs improve their capabilities, strengthen their professional networks, openly share insights and strategies, and collaboratively identify the tools essential to help them succeed in navigating today’s rapidly evolving, highly competitive and complex digital environment.